Please note: oldest patch is referenced on top and the newest patch is in the bottom of the post
Update Notes - 12th of June
* Assassins in Unholy Stance will now generate a Soul Fragment from performing a Sneak Attack.
Update Notes - 16th of June
* Flesh Rot now applies a separate debuff for each player
* Lotus Weapons now applies a separate debuff for each player.
Update Notes - 23rd of June
Core Revision Adjustments
* Kidney Shots will now properly go on cooldown, is now stackable for
12 second from the original 6 seconds and it's stacking buff duration
has been increased to 10 seconds.
* Flesh Necrosis has been given a new and improved visual.
* Atrophy has an added persistent effect on the target while the debuff is in effect.
Update Notes - 10th of July
* Golden Lotus Extract now has a new particle effect.
Update Notes - 17th of July
* The following abilities now have new effects: Cat's Paw,
Opportunistic Strike, Kidney Shots, Avatar of Death, Lotus Overdose,
Necrotic Leech, Corrupting Strikes, and Lunge.
Update Notes - 31st of July
* Combos granted by feats should now deal significantly more damage than before.
Update Notes - 19th August
* Grim Corruption I's debuff will now stack with the other Grim Corruption debuffs.
* Grim Corruption will now debuff Unholy and Poison Invulnerabilities by 5% at each rank.
Update Notes - 28th August
Assassin Epic Tier 3 chest piece no longer hides arm pieces, and texture clipping on shoulders has been fixed.
Update Notes- 17th September
* Assassination (2) buff will now properly appear in the Buff GUI instead of the debuff GUI.
* All Assassin combo damage and stamina costs have been rebalanced to match some newly adjusted animations.
* From the Darkness and Ambush should now occur correctly, when performed from stealth.
* When executing From the Darkness in stealth, you should now properly leave stealth.
* Clarified the tooltip and combat log for the Blindside ability to
show that the target is the one losing the stamina specified.
* From the Darkness can be used while visible again.
* Feat ability From the Darkness' charge combo attack now has 100% crit chance.
Update Notes - 29th October
COMBAT - CROWD CONTROL CHANGES
* The way crowd control and immunities work has been changed. All
player stuns, fears, roots, snares, and charms will now break if the
victim's health is reduced by a certain percentage (depending on the
* Immunity buffs will now, in general, last a bit less time, since they
are applied at the start of the crowd control, and not at the end.
* It is no longer possible to apply a new crowd control debuff of the
same type before the previous one runs out and immunity has been
List of Crowd Control abilities that have been changed:
* Death's Gaze
* Curse of the Lotus
* From the Darkness
Update Notes - 18th February
* ‘Curse of the Lotus' should now snare victims by 50% for the duration of the fear effect.
* ‘Death's Gaze' has a new casting animation.
Update Notes 1.06 - 4th February
Update 1.06 introduces a number of improvements we could make to the
Assassin class in several different areas. We have generally taken a
somewhat different approach to the class revamps which have occurred
since the 1.05 update, and this was applied to the Assassin during the
course of its revamp. Among other things, it involves giving a revamped
class some unique set of mechanics that encourage meaningful tactical
choice on the battlefield. But also a distinct identity in how the class
feels and plays to the player, as well as opponents facing the class
and also how the class is viewed by group members.
This article describes the Assassin revamp in detail (http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=141490
Update Notes 1.06.2 - 16th February
Venom Spike toxin should now apply the intended major crowd control immunity effects.
Update Notes 2.0 (Rise of the Godslayer Expansion Launch) - 11th May
The Lotus Overdose effect can now only be triggered once every 10 seconds.
Update Notes 2.0.5 - 30th of June
Fixed the particle effect for Choking Powder.
Update Notes 2.0.6 - 1st September
Cover of Dusk will now be removed if a soldier switches to frenzy stance.
Cover of Dusk should no longer affect characters that have Distraction running.
Update Notes 2.1 - 14th of December
All silences now follow the same rules for breaking as other Crowd
Control effect. They have also had their immunities changed to 40
Assassin: Choking Powder and Miasma: Lotus-Coated Dart
Added a new icon for Sins of the Flesh.
Swift Strike I has had its combo-starter changed from UP to UL.
Update Notes 2.1.1 - 20th of December
Distraction will no longer cause non soldier classes and soldiers not in
defensive stance to get the increase hate from Cover of Dusk.
Update Notes 2.1.3– Dreamworld Technology Update - 8th of March
Fixed an issue that caused the assassin miasmas to have an incorrect cooldown.
Update Notes 2.2 - 4th of May
Curse of the Lotus is now classified as a fear.
Vampyric Nature is now classified as a stun.
The animations for Grim Corruption ranks I to IV are now all equally long.
Added an extra attack direction to Snap Kick - UP. The finisher direction is now UP.
The debuff effect of Impede Life will no longer stop the Natural Stamina and Mana regeneration on targets for up to 30 seconds.
Avatar of Death will now give 100% resistance to knockbacks.
Update Notes 2.2.1 - 11th of May
Added a casting animation for Curse of the Lotus, and tweaked the visual effects slightly.
Added a casting animation for Opportunistic Strike, and added some basic visual effects to show the effects of the ability.
Added a casting animation for Death's Gaze, and added some basic visual effects to show the effects of the ability.
Added a casting animation for Vampyric Nature, and added some basic visual effects to show the effects of the ability.
Update Notes 2.7 - 20th of July
Grave's Blossom and Death Whirlwind have been adjusted. They will now
scale somewhat differently for 1-4 Soul Fragments, and should still do
about the same for 5 Soul Fragments. Both these combos will now also hit
a second target with full damage, but will follow the normal rules for
damage reduction on any targets beyond the second.
Grave's Blossom and Death Whirlwind damage has been reduced, but will now hit two targets with 100% damage.
Fixed an issue where the cone for Grave's Blossom was skewed and would pick targets on the assassin's right side.
Update Notes 3.0 (Savage Coast of Turan) – 31st August
All ranks of Swift Strike and Sins of the Flesh changed to 3 second cooldown
Due to shorter animations we have buffed the following combos:
Update Notes 3.1 - 13th of December
The Corrupted Poison feat now also lowers the reuse time of the Grim Corruption combos.
Increased the finisher bonus damage of the Slow Death Strike combos.
Update Notes 3.3 – 29th of March
Removed the soul fragment consumption on Sins of the Flesh.
Update Notes 3.3.8 - 22nd of August
Impede Essence will now allow the Impede Life combo to prevent an enemy from regenerating Energy
Bewilder will now allow the Blindside combo to prevent an enemy from regenerating Energy
Update Notes 3.4 - 11th of October
Lotus Overload now has a 10 second cooldown after it expires.
Increased the resource burn feat upgrade of the Blindside combo ('Bewilder').
Increased the resource burn feat upgrade of the Impede Life combo ('Impede Essence').