Saturday, August 21, 2010

Dagger and a bowl of rice ep.6: Hyrkanians


I have crushed bones for the Last Legion in the defence of the empire. I have been cutting throats for the ill-gotten money of Brittle Blade. I have slain the innocents and read their guts on the altars of Yun. I have basked in the light and glory of the most serene of goddesses.
Finally I have lost myself in the sea of bullshit that are Hyrkanians.
Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with this faction? If anything they have been positively insulting towards me from day 1, they are boring as hell, in no way they are involved in the story on any level. The only reason why I am putting up with that bullshit is because I want their pair of daggers. The day I got them I will use it to slay their war chief and fuck off to betray them with Wolves faction.

Here is what Hyrkanians can offer you: (*minor spoilers*):

- the don't know anything about what the hell is going on,
- enjoy the big ass village the size of small city that everyone denys acknowledge (what? Hyrkanians in the empire? Impossible!)
- bland, soulless NPCs with bullshit attitudes,
- wide range of bullshit quests including:

  1. ride around the camp on the horse (weeeeeeeeee.....)
  2. ride around the camp on the horse and shoot stuff (weeeeeeeee............)
  3. beat the horse into submission (errrrrr.............)
  4. allow the snakes to munch on your ass (what??)
  5. find the mirror that gets lost every night across the map (did it ONCE)
  6. kill 10 random creatures for meat (EPIC!)

In short: the Hyrkanians faction feels like the Wolves just needed the damn enemy beyond the great wall. The "story" revolving around them is poorly written and the quests are unimaginative. Furthermore the mount reward from this faction is a Swift Horse with a paint job.
If this faction doesn't have anything you might want then avoid joining them at all cost.

No comments: